From start to finish, we provide a design service in which you are fully informed and have every chance to give us feedback on the work in progress.
The main points of the design process are:
- Consultation meeting to develop a design brief. This will inform the rest of the design process and how we proceed to realise your ambitions.
- A detailed survey. This will measure all of the relevant points and levels in the garden and we'll also take note of any unusual elements such as waterlogged areas or protected trees.
- Outline plan. This is our initial take on the design. We will show you scaled plans along with 3D computer generated renders of our ideas. At this point we can talk through all of the aspects in the design and change anything that you are not happy with. We will also have a much more detailed view on costs at this stage.
- Detailed drawings. Once the outline plans are agreed on we can add details to this such as paving layouts, planting schemes, setting out plans and construction drawings where necessary. If you have chosen a design and build package from us then the plans are handed over to J B Landscapes who will take care of the garden construction. Alternatively if you have chosen a stand alone design service the next stage will be to:
- Write up tender documents and help you to find a contractor.
- Project management. If a third party contractor is being used then we can oversee the project with site visits and will be available to answer any queries by telephone.
If you don't feel that you need a full design service then we can also provide consultancy on an hourly basis.